Monday, October 15, 2007

Ta Dah!!



Well, we did it.

I always breathe a heavy sigh of relief after a show and then sleep the day away. I got so wound up with this show because this was a deeper connection with my choreography than I have ever had before.

The dancers were absolutely stunning and I received numerous compliments and comments on them and the work that we presented this weekend. We had 2 sold out shows and success was earned and achieved!

We kept the camoflauge costumes and it worked out perfectly. In fact, it assisted in the anger and aggressive nature (some said violent at the Question/Answer sessions after the shows) of the dancers and the choreography. I felt that the costuming really supported the intensity within a moment of oppression where conflict arises between a person and a value or expectation. Then there is the emotional residue after that moment has come and gone----is it really ever gone?

The performance was a success and I am looking forward to performing the piece in NYC and again in Boston. We have to secure our other dates of performance from now until then.......I will keep you posted!

Photo Credit: Jonathan Daisy

No comments: